The St. Michael's All Airborne Chapter of the 82nd Airborne Division Association would like to invite you to join our chapter. We stood-up the Chapter in September 2015, and have now formed the nucleus of a great Chapter designed to assist paratroopers in need.
Our Chapter, which serves Western North Carolina and Upstate South Carolina, has as its primary mission, to provide support and assistance to paratroopers and their families in our area who may be wounded, disabled, homeless, jobless, or in other forms of need. Our Chapter members meet every other month on the second Saturday of the month. Our meetings are from 1000 hours to 1200 hours and afterwards we eat at a local restaurant.
As our Chapter is "All Airborne", we have members who have served in various airborne units as well as the 82nd Airborne Division. Our members span the gamut of experience and length of service but our common bond is being proud paratroopers who stand ready to assist our brothers and sisters in need. Our Chapter is also a great way to interact with other paratroopers in our area and serve as role models for local JROTCs, ROTCs and other programs that develop young people.
Consider attending our Chapter meetings and find out the things we are doing for our veterans, community and active airborne units. This is a family oriented Chapter so spouses and family members are encouraged to attend and participate.
Who is Eligible to Join?
Airborne Veterans with Honorable Discharge
Regular Membership: Anyone who has been assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division
Associate Membership: Anyone who has served in any other Airborne unit on jump status, or anyone who has successfully completed Army Airborne School
Honorary Membership: As decided by Regular and Associate Chapter Members
What we need from you:
- Valid Copy of your DD 214, Copy 4 (which shows Honorable Service)
- If not on your DD-214, any document showing you served in the 82nd or another Airborne Unit, or graduated from Army Airborne School.
Joining the 82nd Airborne Association
1. Click on the application form link below and print
2. Fill out the form, sign and date it
3. Scan and save along with DD-214
3. Email it to our acting Membership Chairmam and Chapter Chairman Trooper Gil Gilleland at:
4. Or Mail to Gil Gilleland, 1012 Astoria Parkway, Catawba, NC 28609 along with DD-214 and payment
Join on-line via the 82nd Airborne Division Association National Website at: http://www.82ndairborneassociation.org/